to represent international corporate clients and we offer the most genuine cultural and linguistic framework. Contact us at 713-621-8588 today to consult with a professional who is focused on catering to your specific legal needs.


Houston Business Immigration Attorney

Helping Your Employees with L-1 Visas

If you are an international company with offices both in the United States and abroad, you may need to bring one of your workers into the country for an extended of period of time to work. When this is the case, you may be able to sponsor your employee in the application for an L-1 visa. These are a non-immigrant visa with a shorter length of stay (ranging between three months and five years) which allow workers and their families to come to the United States and work without restrictions.

Due to the complex nature of the visa application process, it is strongly advised that you seek the counsel of an experienced Houston business immigration lawyer for your exact needs. At the Toppins Law Firm, P.C., our team has successfully aided numerous businesses with their immigration needs, making the application process simpler with considerable experience and a keen eye for detail. We can even assist your business with applying for Blanket L-1 visas, allowing you to bring employees in easier.

Let us review your case today! Call the Toppins Law Firm at 713-621-8588 now for help with your business’s immigration needs.

Eligibility for an L-1 Visa

In order to be eligible for an L-1 Visa, both your business and employee must meet several specific criteria. Applications can be rejected if either party does not fit the qualification requirements.

In order to be eligible to sponsor an employee for an L-1 visa, a business must:

  • Have offices both in the United States and abroad
  • Have a parent-subsidiary, branch-headquarters, affiliate, or sister company relationship with the employer abroad

Employers without an office in the United States may be eligible to send an employee into the United States to help establish one under an L-1 visa as well. In order to be eligible to receive an L-1 visa, and employee must have worked for the company sponsoring them for at least one continuous year within the three years prior to the application.

Spouses and children under the age of 21 of applicants are also eligible to receive L-2 immigration visas automatically, and spouses are able to apply for work without restrictions. However, it is still advised that spouses obtain an Employment Authorization Document for tax purposes.

Get assistance with sponsoring your employee for an L-1 visa from Toppins Law Firm, P.C.!

Wilka Toppins

Principal Attorney

Backed by 25 years of legal experience, our founder and principal attorney, Wilka Toppins, Esq., brings a wealth of practical business and legal experience to the firm’s clients. Ms. Toppins is a cum laude graduate of Tulane Law School , 1990 and has worked at Exxon, SBC Communications and Macy’s.

Ms.Toppins is fluent in English and Spanish.

Contact Us Online OR

Choosing the right company for your service is easy when you turn to us. To schedule an appointment, complete the form below with your name, and contact information. We look forward to working with you!