We understand how immigration legal issues can affect our client’s businesses and families. We offer solutions, long-term strategies and understanding.
Houston O-1A Visa Attorney
Get Immigration Help. Call (713) 574-2299 Today!
The O-1A visa is reserved for individuals with extraordinary ability or achievement in the sciences, education, business, or athletics. The O-1A visa does not include the arts or the motion picture and television industry; individuals with extraordinary ability or achievement in those fields can apply for the O-1B visa instead.
If you think you meet the criteria for the O-1A visa, contact us at 713-621-8588 today!
How Do I Qualify for the O-1A Visa?
To qualify for the O-1A visa, you must demonstrate extraordinary ability and be traveling to the United States temporarily to work in the area of your skill. The specific criteria are extremely limited. According to the United Sates Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS), you must have been awarded an internationally-recognized award of high merit or meet at least three of the following requirements in the field for which classification is sought:
- Receipt of credible prizes or awards for excellence
- Membership in associations which require outstanding achievements and are limited to experts
- Published material in professional or major trade publications, newspapers or other major media
- Original scientific, scholarly, or business-related contributions of major significance
- Authorship of scholarly articles in professional journals or other major media
- A high salary or other compensation as evidenced by contracts or other reliable evidence
- Participation on a panel, or individually, as a judge of the work of others
- Employment in a critical or essential capacity for organizations and establishments that have a distinguished reputation
What Does the Application Process Look Like?
The application process for the O-1A visa is complex, and you must file at least 45 days before the start of your employment. The process includes filing Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, and proving the following:
- A Consultation: Confirmation in writing of your extraordinary ability or achievement
by a peer group or a person with expertise in the field for which classification
- Employment Contract: The legal agreement between you and your employer. It must detail what
is being offered and accepted by petitioner and beneficiary.
- Itineraries: A detailed explanation of the events and activities the petitioner will
- Agents: The employer or the person or person authorized by the employer to act
as his or her agent.
Backed by 25 years of legal experience, our founder and principal attorney, Wilka Toppins, Esq., brings a wealth of practical business and legal experience to the firm’s clients. Ms. Toppins is a cum laude graduate of Tulane Law School , 1990 and has worked at Exxon, SBC Communications and Macy’s.
Ms.Toppins is fluent in English and Spanish.
Contact Us Online OR
Choosing the right company for your service is easy when you turn to us. To schedule an appointment, complete the form below with your name, and contact information. We look forward to working with you!