We understand how immigration legal issues can affect our client’s businesses and families. We offer solutions, long-term strategies and understanding.
Houston P-1A Visa Attorney
Call (713) 574-2299 Today to Discuss Your Immigration Needs!
If you manage an individual athlete or a team planning to travel to the United States to perform at an internationally recognized competition, you will need to petition and apply for a P-1A Visa. This visa covers individual athletes, teams, and essential support personnel, but obtaining it can be complicated. At Toppins Law Firm, P.C., we bring 40+ years of legal experience to your aide.
Applying for a P-1A Visa
The application process for the P-1A visa begins with a petition and supporting documentation. You will need to submit Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker, as well as:
- A written consultation from a legitimate labor organization
- A copy of the contract with a major U.S. sports league or team
- An explanation of the event and itinerary
In addition, further evidence is required. You must include at least two of the following:
- Evidence that you have previously participated in a season with a major U.S. sports league
- Evidence that you have participated in international competition with a national team
- Evidence that you have previously participated in an intercollegiate competition for a U.S. college or university
- A written statement from an official from the U.S. sports league or governing body which details how you or your team is internationally recognized
- Evidence that you or your team is internationally ranked
- Evidence that you or your team has received a credible honor or award in the sport
Gathering and preparing this petition and the necessary evidence can be difficult and time-consuming. Only after your petition has been approved can you apply for the P-1A visa.
Skilled Legal Support for Athletes
At Toppins Law Firm, P.C., our firm can help you navigate the complicated visa process. If your team is planning to come to the United States for athletic competition, our Houston P-1A visa attorney can help you with your application. Make sure you do it correctly the first time – call us at (713) 574-2299 today!
Backed by 25 years of legal experience, our founder and principal attorney, Wilka Toppins, Esq., brings a wealth of practical business and legal experience to the firm’s clients. Ms. Toppins is a cum laude graduate of Tulane Law School , 1990 and has worked at Exxon, SBC Communications and Macy’s.
Ms.Toppins is fluent in English and Spanish.
Contact Us Online OR
Choosing the right company for your service is easy when you turn to us. To schedule an appointment, complete the form below with your name, and contact information. We look forward to working with you!