Our firm provides advice and training to entrepreneurs, business owners, investors, and companies of all industries in all areas relevant to human resources.
Writing Employment Policies & Manuals
Learn How Our Houston Employment Lawyers Can Help
Whether you are a large or small business owner, having clear employment policies outlined in a policy manual is necessary to not only set clear expectations for your employees, but to prevent complicated legal matters from arising in the future. Our Houston employment law attorneys at Toppins Law Firm, P.C. helps employers draft employment policies and manuals specific to their company’s needs and in compliance with Texas state law.
How We Can Assist You:
- Write thorough policy manuals that comply with Texas state laws and provide specific rules, policies, and procedures
- Develop anti-harassment and anti-discrimination policies
- Establish clear procedures for reporting and investigating infractions
- Establish procedures and publish policies regarding drugs and alcohol
- Prevent creating a manual that becomes a contract
- Review and update a current employment policy handbook to help keep it up-to-date throughout changes in employment and labor laws and changes in the workplace
We guide Texas businesses to create employment manuals that are specific and clear but that aren’t binding contracts in order to avoid complicated legal issues and allow for flexibility and changes as your business grows. With our firm’s guidance, you can establish clear expectations for your employees, which will give you confidence for handling employee misconduct in the future.
Call Toppins Law Firm, P.C. Today for Quality Legal Advice
Business law can be highly complex and difficult to navigate without the help of our skilled Houston employment attorney. Do not hesitate to consult with our knowledgeable legal team at Toppins Law Firm, P.C. about any business legal matters including those involving employment policies and manuals. We look forward to serving you and your growing company.
Backed by 25 years of legal experience, our founder and principal attorney, Wilka Toppins, Esq., brings a wealth of practical business and legal experience to the firm’s clients. Ms. Toppins is a cum laude graduate of Tulane Law School , 1990 and has worked at Exxon, SBC Communications and Macy’s.
Ms.Toppins is fluent in English and Spanish.
Contact Us Online OR
Choosing the right company for your service is easy when you turn to us. To schedule an appointment, complete the form below with your name, and contact information. We look forward to working with you!