Toppins Law Firm team is dedicated to providing the best services to our clients. We can guarantee that our firm will utilize its knowledge, experience and diligence to strive for your desired outcome. We guaranty loyalty, we consider ourselves a part of our client’s top talent management team. We guaranty confidentiality; it is of utmost importance to our client partnership. We abide by strict procedures to ensure sensitive information is handled correctly.
Our Immigration Service Includes:
- Full Review of your personal circumstances
- Confirmation that the Visa type is appropriate for you
- Accurate preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful co-ordination of all correspondence with government agencies
- Expert advise on how to handle yourself at your Consular or USCIS interview,and what to expect
- Unlimited personal communication with your own Toppins Law Firm immigration attorney
The H-1B visa is one of the more well-known and popular nonimmigrant visas available to aliens, designed to allow U.S. employers to recruit and employ foreign professionals who wish to perform services in a specialty occupation, services of exceptional merit and ability relating to a Department of Defense (DOD) cooperative research and development project, or services as a fashion model of distinguished merit or ability. In total, H-1B visa holders are allowed to legally work and live in the U.S. for up to six consecutive years.
For the employee:
- Have completed a bachelors degree or higher in the field of the specialty occupation from an accredited university.
- Hold a foreign degree which is equivalent to a bachelors degree or higher in the field of the specialty occupation.
- Hold an unrestricted state license registration or certification in the field of the specialty occupation in the intended state of employment.
- Have verifiable and recognized education, experience, or training in the specialty that is equivalent to the completion of a bachelors degree or higher.
Aliens cannot self-petition for H-1B visas. Rather, employers serve as the petitioners, with their foreign workers as the beneficiaries.
For the employer:
- The position requires a specific course of study which relates directly to the position
- The employer must assure that it will pay the H1B holder a comparable wage to other workers who have similar qualifications.
- The position offered requires knowledge, both theoretical and applied, which is almost exclusively obtained through studies at an institution of higher learning
Specialized fields for H1-B Visas
Not necessarily any profession qualifies for an H-1B. As noted, a foreign worker must be in a “specialty” occupation. Qualifying occupations are those requiring highly specialized and technical knowledge in fields including, but not limited to: Accounting, Architecture Biotechnology, Computing, Education, Healthcare and Medicine, Information, Technology, Physical and social science, Marketing, Law, Telecommunications, Arts, Finance, Engineering.
Note: If your position is not listed above, you may want to contact us to determine if the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) would consider the position offered to you as a professional position.
How to Get H1-B Visa?
Because of the limited number of visas issued, there is a specific window for applications, which usually starts on April 1st for the fiscal year starting October 1st of the following year. So you can apply from April 1st, 2017 for entry in the year starting October 1st, 2018.