J-1 Waiver

Get Help Acquiring a J-1 Waiver from Our Immigration Law Firm in Houston, TX

The J-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa issued by the United States to research scholars, professors and exchange visitors participating in programs that promote cultural exchange, especially to obtain medical or business training within the U.S.

Our Immigration Service Includes:

  • Full Review of your personal circumstances
  • Confirmation that the Visa type is appropriate for you
  • Accurate preparation of your visa application
  • Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
  • Careful co-ordination of all correspondence with government agencies
  • Expert advise on how to handle yourself at your Consular or USCIS interview,and what to expect
  • Unlimited personal communication with your own Toppins Law Firm immigration attorney

Minimum Requirements

  • No Objection Statement issued through the embassy of applicant’s home country through its embassy in Washington, DC directly to the Waiver Review Division that it has no objection for applicant not to return to home country to satisfy the two-year home-country physical presence requirement and no objection to the possibility of you becoming a lawful permanent resident of the United States.
  • Request by an Interested U.S. Federal Government Agency:
    Any U.S. federal government agency may request a waiver under this basis. Review Designated Officials for Signatures for a listing of interested government agencies and names of their designated officials.
  • Persecution: If Applicant believes that he will be persecuted based on race, religion, or political opinion if he returns to your home country, applicant may apply for a persecution waiver.
  • Exceptional Hardship to a U.S. citizen (or lawful permanent resident) spouse or child of an exchange visitor:

If you can demonstrate that your departure from the United States would cause exceptional hardship to your U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (LPR) spouse or child, you may apply for an exceptional hardship waiver.
Request by a designated State Public Health Department or its equivalent under the Conrad State 30 Program

Applicant must:

  • have an offer of full-time employment at a health care facility in a designated health care professional shortage area or at a health care facility which serves patients from such a designated area;
  • agree to begin employment at that facility within 90 days of receiving a waiver; and
  • sign a contract to continue working at that health care facility for a total of 40 hours per week and for not less than three years.