L-1A Visa

L-1A Visa Immigration Services in Houston, TX

Look to Toppins Law Firm to be your trusted source for U.S. citizenship and immigration services in Houston. Our law firm is dedicated to working with our clients to understand their legal needs in order to provide them with effective solutions. Our legal team is 100% multicultural and diverse in background, education, and experience, to offer you a superior experience. We are well-equipped to represent international business clients by providing them with a comfortable cultural and linguistic framework. We speak English, Spanish, Vietnamese, French, Arabic, and Portuguese.

When you need legal expertise with immigration services in Houston, TX, and L-1A visas, seek the guidance you need from our immigration lawyer in Houston, TX. Contact our firm today at 713-621-8588 or wilka@toppinslawfirm.com to request a confidential consultation to discuss your case. We are honored to represent domestic and international mostly privately owned companies, individual investors, entrepreneurs, and employees. Our high-standard to commitment and communication sets us apart from the rest.

Our Immigration Service Includes:

  • Full Review of your personal circumstances
  • Confirmation that the Visa type is appropriate for you
  • Accurate preparation of your visa application
  • Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
  • Careful co-ordination of all correspondence with government agencies
  • Expert advise on how to handle yourself at your Consular or USCIS interview,and what to expect
  • Unlimited personal communication with your own Toppins Law Firm immigration attorney

L-1A: Intracompany Transferee—Executive or Manager

The L-1A nonimmigrant classification enables a U.S. employer to transfer an executive or manager from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States.  This classification also enables a foreign company which does not yet have an affiliated U.S. office to send an executive or manager to the United States with the purpose of establishing one. 

Minimum Requirements

For the Employer:

  • The petitioning company may be a corporation, charity (or other non-profit organization), or a religious organization. Other types of qualifying entities may also be permitted.
  • The petitioning employer (in the US) must have a qualifying relationship with a foreign company. Types of qualifying relationships include: parent company, subsidiary, branch, or affiliate.
  • The employer must be doing business as an employer in the US and in at least one foreign country.

For the employee:

  • Must have completed a minimum of one year’s continuous employment for the company outside of the US within the three years immediately prior to the application. Any time spent working in the United States will not count towards the twelve months.
  • The employee occupies an executive or managerial role.
  • Must intend to leave the United States at the end of the visa term.