TN Visa – Canada
Get a Canadian TN Visa with the Help of Our Immigration Law Firm in Houston, TX
The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) created unique economic and trade relationships for the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The TN nonimmigrant classification permits qualified Canadian citizens to seek temporary entry into the United States to engage in business activities at a professional level. Among the types of professionals who are eligible to seek admission as TN nonimmigrants are accountants, engineers, lawyers, pharmacists, scientists, and teachers or Canadian companies who wish to transfer employees to their U.S. parent, branch, subsidiary or affiliate without the one-year foreign employment requirement in the case of L-1A. Our immigration law firm in Houston, TX, can help you determine if this visa is right for you and help with your application.
Our Immigration Service Includes:
- Full Review of your personal circumstances
- Confirmation that the Visa type is appropriate for you
- Accurate preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful co-ordination of all correspondence with government agencies
- Expert advise on how to handle yourself at your Consular or USCIS interview,and what to expect
- Unlimited personal communication with your own Toppins Law Firm immigration attorney
For the employee:
If you are a Canadian citizen, then you are not required to apply for a TN visa at a U.S. consulate. Canadian citizens are generally eligible for admission as nonimmigrants without a visa
You may establish eligibility for TN classification at the time you seek admission to the United States by presenting required documentation to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer at certain CBP-designated U.S. ports of entry or at a designated pre-clearance/pre-flight inspection station. You must provide the following documentation to the CBP officer:
- Proof of Canadian citizenship
- Credentials evaluation (if applicable), together with any applicable fees.
For the employer
- Provide a detailing items such as the professional capacity in which Canadian TN applicant will work in the United States, the purpose of your employment, your length of stay, and your educational qualifications
- Alternatively, a prospective TN employer may choose to file on behalf of a Canadian citizen who is outside the United States.